Matthew 11:25-30 25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
What did Jesus reveal from himself in the 4 Gospels and what does it mean to us?
- In Matthew 11:29, Jesus reveals that you should learn from himself to be meek and lowly in heart.
- Meek means quite and gentle
- Lowly means humble or low in status
- Meek and lowly does not mean to be weak, it means not to force one’s way and means to be patient
- Trust in God
- Commit your ways to God
- Be quite before him and wait for him
- Do not fret (=anxious) over the wicked (unbelievers)
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team