Daniel 1:8 8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of the chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
Daniel 1:15 15 And at the end of ten days their features appeared better and fatter in flesh than all the young men who ate the portion of the king’s delicacies.
How do we get connected to God?
- We need to step away from wanting to receive from God to wanting to serve God
- All great men of God were Servants !
Daniels Life : What were the key attributes Daniel showed?
- Absolute dependence on God
Why is obedience so important and to what should we be obedient?
- As parents trust those of their children more who are obedient, so does God
- The things we need to obey to are in the scriptures
- We need to fully understand the scriptures and its guidelines in depth by seriously studying the Word
Why is sacrifice important?
- You need to sacrifice for God
- God should be Nr. 1, not Family, Spouse, Work or Friends
What about absolute dependence on God?
- Like Babies are fully dependent on their parents, God would like us to be fully dependent on him.
- If we show God that we depend on him, God will be close to us.
- God will then protect us even without asking him
What will be the side effects of the above prescription?
- You will be the Head and not the Tail !
- You will be a Person of influence
You Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team