Dr. Dana, 9.10.2016
25 And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26 She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27 When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28 because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” 29 Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. 30 At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?” 31 “You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ” 32 But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33 Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34 He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
What does it mean to be expectant?
- To be expectant means to be in the state of hoping or thinking that something good will happen
- Marc 5:25-34 The woman with the bleeding suffered tremendously (in pain, out-casted and isolated for 12 years)
- The woman with the bleeding had faith that Jesus will heal her and she took that appropriate action by giving everything to touch Jesus
- Faith in God’s promises and the action behind forms the state of being expectant
How can we keep us in the state of mind of being expectant?
- Remind yourself of the promise – with the scripture you are standing on !
- Remind yourself about the one who made the promise !
- Remind yourself that God is faithful. His name is the “I am” not “I was” (Daniel 3:17-18)
- Remind yourself that the devil tries to confuse you (Act 19:15)
- Remind yourself that God places the same value on you as he did on his son (Romans 8:16-17)
- Visualize the end-goal or your promise
- Stay connected with God – Worship, praise and pray
- Be prepared – A pregnant woman who expects has to prepare the luggage and procedures for the day the baby comes! The same way you need to prepare if God’s fulfils your promise.
Your Sheperdsplace Church The Hague Team