2 Peter 1:3-4 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
What are some of the characteristics of God?
- 1 Corinthians 10:13, 2 Peter 3:9 , Hebrews 4:12
- God is faithful and a promise keeper
- God is our shield
- God loves the world and is it’s provider
- God is compassionate and forgiving
- God is merciful, always there for you and kind
What should you do to be in his divine presence?
- Acknowledge that as a believer the characteristics of God are in you
- Look what characteristics you fall short and try to develop it
- If your neighbour struggles and you do not feel urged to help, you need to develop “compassion”
- Show the attributes of God in your life so that people see that God’s grace is upon your life
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media team