Deacon Ted, 12.3.2017
James 2:14-19 14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. 18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!
Mark 11:23 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
- Believe: A conviction on something, e.g. in Jesus as our Saviour. Believe is in the heart
- Faith: Faith builds on the believe but adds the confidence that it happens in it’s own life
- Works: Acting out the Faith
- We should belief first , then we speak and pray what we belief, then it comes to pass
- Faith without works is useless, you need to act on your faith like the woman with the issue of blood
- Act out your belief in faith
- Do not act on things you see, but on the unseen promises of God (1 Corinthians 2:9-10)
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team