Hebrews 1:1-2 1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;
2 Chronicles 20:20 20 So they rose early in the morning and went out into the Wilderness of Tekoa; and as they went out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Hear me, O Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.”
What is a prophecy?
- A prophecy is a decree directly from God
- I reveals things about our future or past
- It tells us about the truth and what to do
- Besides personal prophecies, prophecies can be addressed to a Church too.
How do we receive prophecies?
- By Prophets, e.g. our pastor receiving a declaration for the Church
- By visions or dreams
- By acts of God (e.g. God sending his son)
There are 5 steps how to make prophecies work:
- You need to believe it (Tell yourself: Let this happen in my life the way you said!
- Pray (Ask God and he will do it)
- Meditate (Focus on the prophecy and go over and over it to receive a deeper understanding)
- Be expectant (Be and behave inline with the prophecy as it would have happened already)
- Hold on (This is the hardest part as it could be years before you receive. Keep confessing and talk to people about it)
What are the steps if a e.g. a Church receives a prophecy?
- Shepherdsplace Pastor received the prophecy for SPM members for 2017 to Make disciples and influence the world.
- Identify as with your group and see it as your family
- Be active
- Accept the Leader
- Follow God’s principles
- Make sacrifices and carry on
- Sow into your prophet (e.g. by praying for your Pastor)