– “And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: but unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.” Genesis 4:1-5 KJV
– In verse three it says that Cain brought his offering in time, however it was not a priority for him.
– In verse 4, Abel brought the first born of his flock which shows it was not just something, but was a priority and thus his heart was pure.
– Cain did not understand how to honor the Lord with offering, Abel did.
– “If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.” Genesis 4:7 KJV
– Cain’s generation was the start of the Godless generation. Cain left God’s presence and never repented. It is the start of evil people in the Bible. In those generations God doesn’t matter and they are independent of God and the devil was waiting and implementing itself.
– Don’t let people push your buttons. The devil is trying to stop favor and blessings coming our way through people pushing our buttons.
Give Syndromes of Cain:
1. Cain created competition and comparison, God DID NOT create it. There was no competition, so Cain bright unnecessary stress which isn’t needed. We shouldn’t be blaming people for lack of success. We should not be creating competition. Competitions leads to strife
2. Cain never forgave himself and never repented. Can never asked for forgiveness for killing his brother and never forgave himself for the offering he gave. If we as Christians have done something wrong we should ask for forgiveness and repent, if not the Cain syndrome is introduced.
3. Cain left God’s presence, God did not drive him out. There is always mercy with God, we should not over punish ourselves and banish ourselves from God’s presence. Don’t stop communication.
4. Cain understood the extent of his punishment and that he could still do other things. Cain and his family were the first family to do craftsmanship which had nothing to do with the soil/ground. Because we did something wrong doesn’t mean we can’t do anything, God’s mercies are new every morning. The devil plays tricks on us and makes us think that bad things are as a consequence of a sin. God still cares about us, the line of communication is still there for us.
5. Cain’s lineage was the start of Godlessness and where it came from. This is as Cain never repented and God did not matter to them. It doesn’t matter what you have done don’t move away from His presence.
Your Shepherdsplace The Hague Web team