Mark 8:34-36 Take Up the Cross and Follow Him 34 When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. 36 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
What is destiny?
- It is your destination
- It is the intended port of arrival
- God has an intended port of arrival for every human being
- The destiny is hinged to mindset, attidude
- Besides God, other instances set the wrong destination e.g. People, yourself, devil etc.
- It takes a step of obedience and faith to step into your destiny
- Jesus had the crowd and disciples following him, but the crowd left him when the “road got bumpy”
- The mindset is very important when dealing with your destiny
Implications of your mindset
- Your mind rules your perception of things
- Your perception affects your actions and your level of achievement
- Pray that your mind will be open to God and achieve a holy mindset
- You are responsible to work on your mindset
- 2 mindsets are very coming
- mindset of entitlement (if you go e.g. to a church and expect what they are doing for you instead of asking what can you contribute)
- mindset of negativity (e.g. I got only 95% score in my exam instead of 100%)
Your Sheperdsplace Church The Hague Media Team