Ephesians 4:30-31 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
Exhortation: How do we make sure not to grief the Holy Spirit?
- Ephesians tells us that we grief the Holy Spirit, if we keep bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor and malice to us.
- We cannot love God, if we cannot love God’s children
- Let go malice, un-forgiveness and bitterness, so that the Holy Spirit walks with us !
Why should we not depend on long legs?
- to depend on long legs means to depend on our social network or our connections
- Yes, Networking is important
- However, let God do the networking
- Do not be a jerk to people
- E.g, if you know a person in the parliament, you should not belief that they necessarily help you.
- We should not depend on people but on God only
- Earthly things are temporal
What should you depend on ?
- You should depend on God alone.
- God is dependable
- with God you have connections in the highest places
- with God your options are limitless
- Recall your covenant with Jesus Christ
- Pray: God, direct me to the perfect help for this my situation
- Before you go the any human being, ask God for help.
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team