23.3.2017, Pastor Wale
How can you fight your own Giants explained with the Story of David (1 Samuel 17)
1 Samuel 17:4 4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
Who are your Giants?
- Giants can be financial, spiritual, health or physical challenges
- It is part of God’s plan that you are tested
- Faith that is not tested is not real faith
What happens when you face Giants?
- Fear is often the first reaction
- Fear encourages the opposition
- If you have an intimate relationship with God you will not fear
- God allows only so much challenges in your life which you can handle
What sort of mind-set had David?
- David knew that the Giant had no covenant with God
- David knew, that if an opponent is defying God, then God is greater and will fight on his behalf
- David used words against the Giant as the Giant used words against him
- David had plenty of alone time with God and this made is faith in him extremely strong
- David knew- my God is much bigger than Giants
What lessons do we learn from David?
- Giants will come into your life, so that your faith can grow
- Do not give room to fear
- Do not let the opponent set the rules of engagement (e.g. the Philistines determining a 1-to-1 battle)
- If you walk with God, Giants will go down
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media team