Colossians 3:12-14 12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
- Rising up to be God’s elect requires great effort
- Mark 10 describes that beyond following God’s commands it is necessary to deny yourself
What is the fuel in order to become God’s elect?
- Easily forget injury
- Our body has a memory for pain
- However, you need to forgive people who hurt you
- Forgive without being asked
- Jesus told us to forgive 77 x 77 times
- Actc 6 describes Stephen who requested before his death by stoning, to not charge those who killed him.
- Do good in spite of ingratidue
- Do not make your effort depend on getting thanks
- David continued doing good although Saul did not show any gratitude
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team