Colossians 1:13 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
What is liberty?
- Freedom to exercise free will
- Not being subject to powers which you did not choose
- freedom to serve and worship God
- Not being under the influence of ungodly people or idols
- having all you need to worship and serve him
What is the purpose of liberty?
- to truly serve God
- to make decisions without fear
- to be free to be a Christian
- to have the power to make a choice about your life
What keeps people from being free?
- law of sin and death
- the world’s system
- territorial power of spirits
- laziness and ignorance
How can liberty be preserved?
- you must move from the kingdom of the world to the kingdom of God
- you need to embrace the kingdom of heaven permanently
What are the implications of liberty?
- all Christians who received atonement are free
- however, the body is not free, temptations are still coming
- even if people are out of bondage (e.g. the demon left), habits still stay in people and can oppress
- if you fall in temptation you need to command your body to listen to the word and embrace the word
- there is the concept of self-inflicted bondage: Our DNS is damaged and not perfect anymore.
- therefore you need to permanently align your mind with the kingdom of heaven and walk with the spirit
Our Prayer for you:
- you shall experience real freedom
- you shall live in purity.
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team.