1 Samuel 8:12 12 He will appoint captains over his thousands and captains over his fifties, will set some to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and someto make his weapons of war and equipment for his chariots.
What does harvest mean?
- The harvest cycle is: prepare ground, seed, till, water, weed, wait and harvest
- harvest is the time of reaping and reward
- its the payday if you are not a farmer
What is the harvest time?
- Its the time after gathering in the harvest and counting the stocks
- its the time when you get rewards
- See Exodus 23:19 for the first fruit
What is the harvest fest?
- It is to remember the giver
- Its a festival thanking god for providing increase
- It means rejoicing over achievements, preservation and celebrating about your source
- This means, that rejoicing about a harvest is not only for farmers !
When and whom do we give thanks?
- Thanking is an opportunity to express gratitude
- We should not thank only God, but as well everybody who is in good will to us
- We should thank in anticipation and in recognition at all times
- It is the will of God to have a thankful attitude.
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team