Isaiah 54:2-3 2 “Enlarge the place of your tent, And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords,
And strengthen your stakes. 3 For you shall expand to the right and to the left, And your descendants will inherit the nations, And make the desolate cities inhabited.
Placement in the example of Isaac (Genesis 26:1-30)
- Isaac and his people went to Abimelech, the Philistine as there was famine in his land.
- The Lord told Isaac to stay there.
- Isaac listened to God’s direction and he prospered
- He prospered so much that Abimelech drove him out of his country
- In the new place Isaac prospered as well and Abimelech finally asked him for a peace covenant and wanted to learn about Isaac’s God
The lessons on placement
- If God gives you direction do not drift away and you will be blessed like Isaac
- Your descendants will be blessed too as the promise is generational.
- You have dominion over the earth, so you can expand in any direction
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team