30.4.2017, Pastor Rachel,
Romans 1:16 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
What is the Gospel?
- Gospel means “Good News”
- The good news are that Jesus died for our sins so that we can become children of God
- Christians are asked to preach the Gospel to the whole world
What does it mean to preach the Gospel?
- It does not necessarily mean to tell people straight away about the Good news
- It can mean to impact life’s
- It can mean to show people the love of God
What are the challenges to preach the Gospel?
- Some Christians are afraid or ashamed to preach the Gospel as they might be labelled “fanatic”
- People have different needs and therefore it is not possible to apply a one size fits all principle when preaching the gospel
- Some people are simply not listening and that is when some Christians give up
How do you effectively preach the Gospel?
- Sometimes you do not need to speak the Gospel but you need to be the Gospel
- Employ different methods to reach people as the gospel has a different meaning to them
- Demonstrate God’s love (e.g. service for something without expecting a gain (teaching etc))
- Never condemn people because they do not accept the message of the gospel, continue to love them
- Learn to be the Gospel with you brethren in Church and accept your brothers and sisters shortcomings
- “Preach the Gospel” by being the Gospel, this is the strongest message you can give and people will ask you what your secret is !
- Ask for God’s wisdom and strategy when preaching or acting the Gospel
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team
- 1 Corinthians 9:22 says basically to meet people and employ different