Matthew 16:19 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
The resurrection power is a special power never exercised before
Jesus provides us with the key or principle to the kingdom of heaven.
What is the kingdom of heaven?
- A kingdom is a domain where a king rules and has influence
- It is not the Kingdom of God: This is the domain where God rules (basically everything God created)
- It is not the Kingdom of Christ: This is the domain where Christ is accepted
- The Kingdom of heaven is a system of operation in the heavenly or extra-terrestrial realm
- In the Kingdom of heaven all sort of wicked kingdoms exists beside the kingdom of God
- See Ephesians 6:10-12
What does Jesus mean in Matthew 16:19?
- Jesus says that there needs to be agreement in the Kingdom of heaven before anything can happen on the earth
- An example is e.g. how the moon is influencing pregnancy or the tides.
- If you understand therefore the heaven’s principle you can overturn things on the earth
What different types of help are there from God?
- Help and support
- Psalms 20:1-3
- God helps by sending people
- Help is external, temporal, done for you
- It comes when your ability ends or where your weakness is showing
- God empowers and equipping you
- You receive strength to solve a situation yourself
- God develops your skills further
- Isaiah 41:15
- It is on-going and not temporal
How do you receive enablement and help?
- Cry out to God
- Pray and persevere
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team