Mark 5:19 19 However, Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, “Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you.”
- In Mark 5:15, Jesus tells us to tell our friends how great God is
- We need to tell the people what God has done for us
- This means that we need to spread the Gospel
- There are four conditions listed below which help us to spread the Gospel
Condition 1 – You need to light up he world up around you
- Companies use Chief Evangelists. They spread the good news of the company. You should do the same concerning the Gospel
- You should light up the world around you by standing on the Word
- If its dark and you do not have a torchlight, you will need to be close to a person who has a torch. This is how people get attracted to the Gospel
- Isaiah 50:10-11: Most people only spark (e.g. when going to Church) but not carry the light permanently
Condition 2 – As Christian, you should hear the Voice of God
- John 10:1-3, explains that if the doorkeeper opens for you, then you are Gods sheep and he will talk to you.
- Can you say you are his sheep?
- Are you opening your own Portal to God and listen to him, or are you allowing to many other things through that Portal?
Condition 3 – God has told us to testify
- Luke 12:8-9: The son of God will testify for you if you testify for him and it explains what happens if you deny him.
- You should testify to other people, e.g. when a scripture helped you curing yourself, so that those can see the Glory of God
Condition 4 – We are saved to live and manifest the life of Christ
- 1 Peter 2:9 : You are a chosen generation, God brought you out of darkness into the Light
- You need to take in the food of the spirit, the Word, in order to be effective
- You are newborn, therefore it is in your DNA to live and manifest the life of Christ
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team