Escaping Corruption that is in the World
Pastor Anne 22.8.2016
2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust
Indeed positionally as believers in Christ, we have been given great and precious promises, we share the divine nature of God and we have already escaped the corruption that is in the world.”
However, practically and as long as we are in this world, we have the responsibility to be watchful in order to keep ourselves from the corruption in this world.
1) But what is corruption?
- Corruption is having something genuine or pure mixed with impurities
- It is lowering or perverting standards
2) What kind of corruption is the Bible talking about?
- Physical corruption or corruption of the body
- Spiritual corruption or dillution of our faith and spiritual beliefs
- Corruption of the soul or corruption of the mind
3) What does that mean to escape the corruption?
Escaping corruption simply means: To not partake of…; To not be affected or influenced by…; To be preserved from…; To not suffer the consequence of…; To be preserved blameless.
4) How can we escape that corruption?
- Through salvation as the start point.
- Godliness – embracing God’s principles and standards without compromise
- Practicing the Word
5) Why is it important that we preserve ourselves from the corruption that is in the world?
- Because, it is what makes us partakers of the divine nature.
- Because if we don’t, we will suffer the same consequences as the world.