Philippians 4:18 18 Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God.
If you give an offering or sacrifice, God is well pleased and a sweet smelling aroma is perceived by God
When is God be pleased?
- Matthew 26:6-13
- Jesus was pleased with the unknown woman who gave fragrant oil, worth equivalent an annual salary.
- The woman was walking in line with God’s plan, as she was helping to prepare the burial of Jesus
What should be your disposition when you are giving?
- Mark 12:41-44 , Luke 7:36
- You should give with love and recall the emotions you had when you were blessed
What else is important?
- Leviticus 26:27,31
- You need to live in obedience
What does it mean to offer?
- The offer needs to be a sacrifice
- 2 Samuel 24:24
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team