Galatians 5:16-17 16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
What is walking in the spirit?
- Refer to Galatians 5 16:17
- Flesh and spirit are normally in contrary
- When you are born again, you should follow your re-created human spirit
- You have now access to the fruits of the spirit
- The spirit will reflect on the flesh
How to walk in the spirit?
- Feed you mind and spirit with the word of God
- As the stronger between flesh and spirit will win:
- Stay away from things which will challenge your flesh
- The devil does not need a lot of space
- If you walk in the spirit, you will have access to the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22): “22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,”
Disadvantages of not walking in the spirit?
- Your character will not be that of Christ
- You live the life of an unbeliever
- You will end up in troubles
Benefits of walking in the spirit
- Your behaviour is better
- You will better relate to other people
- Your prayers will be answered
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media Team