Sermon by Sister Dana
Zechariah 8:12 12 ‘For the seed shall be prosperous, The vine shall give its fruit, The ground shall give her increase, And the heavens shall give their dew— I will cause the remnant of this people To possess all these.
Exodus 23:29-30 29 I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the beasts of the field become too numerous for you. 30 Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land.
Do you know what should you possess?
- In Zechariah 8:12 it says, that your seed shall be prosperous
- Your seed can be anything from children to time or talent.
- The definition of prosperous is: marked by success and enjoying vigorous growth
Why would your seeds not grow?
- In Zechariah 8:12, it says that only the remnant of this people will receive growth.
- The remnants are those people you obey God and put him first in his life.
How does God provide your possessions?
- God gives you the promises, but he is preparing you, so that you can handle it (Exodus 23:29-30)
- God provides your possessions if you pursue the right thing!
- There are two basic principles we should apply in our lives before we are ready to receive:
- We should be able to discipline our body (e.g. nutrition)
- We should be able to discipline our soul (emotions, thoughts)
- We can ask God anything and and he will bless us, but remember we need to bless people as well.