Matthew 9:14-15 14 Then the disciples of John came to Him, saying, “Why do we and the Pharisees fast [a]often, but Your disciples do not fast?” 15 And Jesus said to them, “Can the friends of the bridegroom mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.
Why do we fast?
- When we start something new,
- When we get a new mandate or when we progress to a new level
- It releases power for a transformation
- It is a waiting time for instructions and directions
- Daniel waited and fasted 21 days and got instructions from God
- When you fast your body is less busy
- Then there will be no energy to carry out the usual self
- Fasting goes always together with Prayer and Waiting
- Fasting prepares you for the next step, it is no replacement for prayer
Your Shepherdsplace Church The Hague Media team